Old August 16th 07, 09:15 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
[email protected]

Default Veritas/Oracle/SAN best practices?

Hello folks,
I am looking for best practices documents dealing with Veritas Volume
Manager and Oracle 10g on a SAN. I'm trying to set up a new EMC DMX and
configure the host end Veritas volumes for best performance for Oracle.

I have found the Veritas Database Edition best practices document, but
I'm not using Database Edition. Still it appears there is some good
general information in there. Are there any other good documents I should
be looking at?

Specifically, I am trying to understand how striping, number of stripes,
and stripe size relate to Oracle I/O performance.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.