Old July 25th 07, 02:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default Asus M2A-VM audio problem

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:28:19 -0700, wrote:

I have an unusual problem and can't figure it out. First a little
about my computer:
Asus M2A-VM Motherboard
ADM Athlon 64X2 6000+
2GB DDR2 800
I have been listening to audio files for days (ever since I installed
the MB) without a problem.
Today I decided to watch a movie on DVD and have no audio. I tried a
couple of DVD's but no sound.
I have tried RealPlayer, Windows Media Player 11, and InterActual
Player.
I also hooked up the audio cable from CD Player to MB still No Sound!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sandman

If you installed the full sound-driver setup and utilities then you
have Realtek HD Audio Manager probably as an icon in your system tray
-- in windows. Otherwise you'll have the builtin Volume / mixer
program. In either, make sure to enable and raise the volume for your
device(s). In the Realtek mixer, you can set which I/O port does
what, on the fly, but it doesn't seem to save the values over a
reboot....

HTH,

/..