Old September 1st 04, 04:37 PM
Parish

deejay wrote:

I agree with free speech, whether I like it or not, I think the best way to
defeat attitudes like this is to debate it and show how stupid it is and
disprove everything they say.

Precisely, which is why I think that the censoring of the BNP's election
broadcast by C5 was wrong. No matter how abhorrent people find the BNP's
(alleged) agenda, censoring it is not the answer; people voting against
it is. Democracy is a form of free speech, and free choice, and should
not be interfered with.

I also believe that people should be made
aware of attitudes like this so as to have the right not to shop there,
whether they are cheap or not (which they aren't) is not the right attitude
to have, which is why I boycott McDonalds, Coca Cola-Schweppes, Marks And
Spencers, Gap, Nike,

I guess that's for exploiting cheap labour in the Third World, yes?

Free speech by all means, free choice too....

Yep.

Parish