Old December 15th 20, 01:20 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Arlen Holder

Default Have you ever had a working PC that wouldn't go into the BIOS mode?

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 12:30:22 +0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/zD2nHQqQ/cmos05.jpg Intel-V doesn't matter
https://i.postimg.cc/NF900ZCY/cmos07.jpg Hyper-V doesn't matter

Ooops.

I forgot to mention why it matters that Hyper-V doesn't seem to matter.
o Genymotion seems to claim that it does matter that Hyper-V be turned off.

But, in my tests, Genymotion Android emulation worked with or without the
Intel Hyper-V turned on or off.

What mattered absolutely was that AMD-V be turned on (in the BIOS).

However, to support my claim that Genymotion says to enable Hyper-V (yet, I
found it didn't seem to matter), here are cites supporting that statement:

o Genymotion Desktop and Hyper-V (Windows 8/8.1/10)
https://support.genymotion.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002732677

o "An error has occurred while trying to create a virtualbox host-only
network interface" (Windows)
https://support.genymotion.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002706697

o "Your CPU is incompatible with virtualization technologies" error
https://support.genymotion.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002737597

o "Unable to start the Virtual Device" error
https://support.genymotion.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002718198

o How to disable Memory integrity in Windows 10?
https://support.genymotion.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009163277

In summary:
1. AMD-V absolutely must be on for Genymotion or Google Android emulation
2. Intel Hyper-V stuff doesn't seem to matter whether it's on or off.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to help others do this more easily.