Old December 13th 20, 07:38 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Alan Baker[_2_]

Default Have you ever had a working PC that wouldn't go into the BIOSmode?

On 2020-12-12 5:47 p.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
Have you ever had a working PC that wouldn't go into the BIOS mode?
o https://i.postimg.cc/GpkgdmxT/cmos01.jpg Won't go into BIOS

How did you resolve that issue?

1. The Windows machine boots to POST & then Windows 10 just fine.
2. Once booted to Windows, the USB keyboard & mouse work just fine.
3. But I can't get the PC to respect the BIOS F10 key press.

These are the key presses I know used to work:
o BIOS Menu === F10
o BOOT Menu === Escape
o DIAG Menu === F9

And yes, I'm pressing them (all the time) specifically at POST
o When it says to press "F10" to get into the BIOS.

It's like the keyboard isn't even there...
o The BIOS battery is only a few months old.

The reason I want to access the BIOS is I need to change the HyperVisor
settings for my AMD-based Foxconn motherboard for an Android emulator:
o Tutorial Installing Android Studio 4.1.1 on Windows 10 (AMD CPU)
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/g3ymz5CPsIk

o Win+R msinfo32
Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2004, build: 19041
Hardwa NY549AA-ABA p6230y, HP-Pavilion, FOXCONN, ALOE
CPU: Authentic AMD AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 5.02, 8/31/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Have you ever had a working PC that wouldn't go into the BIOS mode?
o https://i.postimg.cc/GpkgdmxT/cmos01.jpg Won't go into BIOS

How did you resolve that issue?

Use a non-USB keyboard.