Old September 29th 11, 04:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design,nl.comp.hardware
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Default Battlefield 3 not working on AMD x2 3800+ and GT520 ? (Web crap)

Hello,

It seems Battlefield 3 has devolved into web-crap.

Battlefield 2 already had a bad/slow game browser, but Battlefield 3 seems
to be simply ridicilous.

The game doesn't even start so I have no idea if it's working.

It's also impossible to start your own server so it's mostly all full.

And when it does find a free server it says:

"Joining Server..." forever...

Does this mean Battlefield 3 won't play on AMD X2 3800+ and GT520 ?!?

The processor is a bit old, dual core, but the GT520 is brand new... it's
DX11 capable.

Here is a screenshot showing the bad server joining and web-crap in action:

(Also it seems to use punk baster crap, but it's not enabled, maybe that the
problem ?

Perhaps later I will try on my Mom's laptop.

So far the experience has been quite bad... origin beta buggy, all kinds of
web crap necessary to install....

It installs, but no game... not even a game menu, thumbs down from me for
now

Screenshot:

http://www.skybuck.org/Games/Battlef...verForever.png

Bye,