Old April 8th 06, 05:46 PM posted to alt.invest.stocks.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel

Default High-tech vs. cheap-tech

On 6 Apr 2006 11:55:10 -0700, "bbbl67" wrote:

An interesting viewpoint from an analyst firm about why HP is doing
well, Dell is not; and why AMD is doing well, but Intel is not. It was
written in Barron's.

Depends what you mean by interesting. If I put on my disinterested hat --
oops it's a little wobbly :-) -- this is no better nor worse than the
articles which are saying the opposite and panning AMD/praising Intel. The
authors have to have err, research which supports:

"Caris has "buy" ratings on Hewlett-Packard (nyse: HPQ - news - people
) and AMD, an "average" rating on Dell, and a "below average" rating on
Intel (nasdaq: INTC - news - people )."

While AMD fans, especially those of us with AMD stock, would like to
believe it, in the end is all so much anal...yst BS... the
"greed"/retirement industry at work.;-)

--
Rgds, George Macdonald