Old June 9th 07, 01:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
don't look[_2_]

Default 12v jumping from 11.64 to 11.71

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
link.net...
'don't look' wrote:
| According to my motherboards' software overclocking utilty(Superstep)

the
| 12V line doesn't look good.All the others(3,3v,5v) etc. are stable.This

is
| at idle.
| Mobo is Winfast NF4UKAA-8EKRS w/2gb ddr.Power supply is Ultra X-finity
500W
| SLI.Video card is Nvidia 7900GS.
| I have 24 pin to motherboard plus 4-pin to cpu plus 6 pin to video.
| Is this normal fluctuation?
_____

The ATX12V rev 2.2 power supply specifications call for +/- 5% regulation

on
the 12 VDC lines; anything within 11.40 VDC to 12.60 VDC is OK. See
http://www.formfactors.org/developer...public_br2.pdf

..

'Jumping' is not much of a description, and you haven't given any
information about voltage behaviors when the system is NOT at idle.

Always put ALL the information for a post in the body; don't place

important
bits just in the subject line.

Phil Weldon

"don't look" don't wrote in message
| According to my motherboards' software overclocking utilty(Superstep)

the
| 12V line doesn't look good.All the others(3,3v,5v) etc. are stable.This

is
| at idle.
| Mobo is Winfast NF4UKAA-8EKRS w/2gb ddr.Power supply is Ultra X-finity
500W
| SLI.Video card is Nvidia 7900GS.
| I have 24 pin to motherboard plus 4-pin to cpu plus 6 pin to video.
| Is this normal fluctuation?

Sorry,.By "jumping"I meant every couple to several seconds the value
switches from 11.64 to 11.71. I've never seen it higher than 11.71 or lower
than 11.64.
how do I tell the Voltage while running a program?Is there a utilty that
will log it?