Old June 16th 17, 03:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe[_9_]

Default new machine (maybe)

Here are some of my own personal benchmark results. The NVMe
makes a HUGE difference even for just copying large files. It
would help TREMENDOUSLY with video editing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos_user.g...e=&de tails=1

I wrote:

Anybody upgrading today definitely does want an SSD.

Even if you do not by an SSD at the same time, you absolutely
positively should get the current technology interface AT NO
EXTRA CHARGE. Be sure to include it on your next inexpensive
motherboard. On my $70 USD Gigabyte motherboard, that
interface is called this...

"1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA
and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support)"

PCIe is faster than SATA. M key is the one. The four digit
numbers refer to the size, 80 being the longest.

Blazing fast nonvolatile (like an HDD, but fast as RAM)
storage with the socket built into the motherboard. ANY BUYER
WOULD BE FOOLISH NOT TO INCLUDE THAT IN A NEW MOTHERBOARD
PURCHASE. Then you shop for the specific NVMe SSD card to
plug into that slot. The NVMe add-in card competition is
quickly increasing. Even if not right away, it would make a
GREAT upgrade a few months later.