Old August 10th 05, 07:53 AM
QuestionAuthority

I found the problem myself. It was none of the reasons given by
others in this thread. It was two auto load files from that ****
software company synaptics that did not deinstall properly and did
not show up on a regular process listing. I had to use hijack this
to find them. ****ing **** crap software companies. Synaptics is
garbage. Also when I tried to use their driver package availble
from another **** company compuke, it crashed my system and I had
to go into safe mode to remove their garbage. It is amazing people
continue to use the products from outfits like this. I am stuck
with this compuke laptop cuz I'm too stubborn to let all it's bugs
defeat me. But it is a piece of junk and to think someone paid
over 3 grand for this garbage product when new-previous owner gave
me the receipts. I bought this piece of crap 5-6 years ago for 500
bucks and I kick myself for spending that much on this piece of
junk with it's **** software and useless restore disk.

on 22 Jul 2005, QuestionAuthority
wrote in
.138:

After a thorough search on this problem I came to the conclusion
that the touchpad lockups I have been experiencing no one knows
the cause. Several causes are guessed at, but now one really
seems to know, other than the obvious that compaq makes crap
laptops. Mine's a 1610 Presario that can lock up randomly at any
time, when the touchpad pointer is moved simultaneous with some
other action. Can happen even when offline and little system
resources being used. Using a generic PS/2 driver which
supposedly is ok to use with touchpad. Did thorough virus
checks, none identified. Anyone here know? Thanks.