Old July 23rd 05, 01:44 AM
HH

"Using a generic PS/2 driver which supposedly is ok to use with touchpad."
Who told you this? You likely need the specific Synaptics touchpad driver
for your notebook and OS. What operating system is installed? The notebook
shipped with Win 98 and that Synaptics driver should work with 98 and winMe.

HH

"QuestionAuthority" wrote in
message .138...
After a thorough search on this problem I came to the conclusion
that the touchpad lockups I have been experiencing no one knows
the cause. Several causes are guessed at, but now one really seems
to know, other than the obvious that compaq makes crap laptops.
Mine's a 1610 Presario that can lock up randomly at any time, when
the touchpad pointer is moved simultaneous with some other action.
Can happen even when offline and little system resources being
used. Using a generic PS/2 driver which supposedly is ok to use
with touchpad. Did thorough virus checks, none identified. Anyone
here know? Thanks.