Old September 21st 04, 05:21 AM
Don.

Larc wrote:

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:42:11 -0700, Don. wrote:

| I tried to rip the last two tracks with AudioGrabber and was told there was an
| ASIP problem. From there I ran Adaptec's ASPIchk and found an 'inconsistence
| in version numbers'. That "might" be the problem. Sigh...

I had to remove the installed Adaptec ASPI files and install version
4.60. Although that's supposed to be for Win95/98, it is the only
version that has been completely trouble free in my XP system.

This is one site that has 4.60 available:

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/aspi.html

Larc

That's really interesting, Larc. Because today I finally found a Web Page
that offered ASPIIns.exe. I ran it and was told "your ASIP is now current".
Yet ASPIchk.exe still says there are inconsistancies. Yet I still can't rip
those tracks, now my OS freezes at about 60% done.
http://www.driverguidetoolkit.com/ But at least my burners are working now
whereas before both would freeze the OS.

I'll try your suggestion, it can't hurt things any more than they allready
are. ;-)

Don