Old October 22nd 03, 06:15 AM
FOR7b

The same 450MHz PII in my Dell Dimension handles
the MPEG-2 decoding for my Samsung CD-R/RW DVD
ROM combo nicely. I don't know about doing anything
else while that is going on, though.

FranklinWright

I have a self built 600MHZ Athlon system that easily plays movies just through
Power DVD while running quite a number of large programs in the background,
including AOL 9 which I am using to write this. I always thought the DVD
playing a movie would be a real drag to my older system but it handles it very
easily with not much drain at all on resources. Try opening up some big
programs and see how yours does.