Old July 31st 18, 03:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Default Is Class 1 laser safe enough for baby eyes?

On 7/31/2018 9:40 PM, Paul wrote:
No, they don't do laser work in there any more...
I know you're interested and all. The days of that
lab are now over with (not commercially viable).
Still, the lab had a nice front door, as that's
all I could ever see. The door had no window in
it either. You could not "sneak a peek". You
couldn't hold a baby up to a window or anything,
to test for laser light.

I think I had seen a YouTube video that taught you to convert a laser
head from a DVD drive into a laser cutter. I forgot the link...

Can the same be done to those POS (Point-Of-Sale) handheld laser
scanner? I dunno...

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不*錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):