Old January 25th 08, 09:39 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
the wharf rat

Default RAID 5 corruption, RAID 1 more stable?

In article ,
wrote:
mirroring would mirror NTFS corruption or suffer from the problems of
RAID 5 array corruption. I would like to hear your opinions on this.

Well, unless you start with very big discs you're still going
to need to involve RAID 5 even if you mirror. That being said I've
definitely seen instances where file system corruption on disc A was
happily mirrored to disc B before it was discovered.

Maybe put the disk array on a ups thats on the ups?

This is why Ghu, the great, has given us LTO drives.