Old September 17th 16, 08:36 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default is my C drive dying?

[]
On 9/9/2016 1:02 PM, Linea Recta wrote:
My PC had always been very sluggish compared to my old laptop.
When reading a PC magazine I read an article about Crystal diskinfo.
Decided to download the portable version ans ran it on the laptop:
diagnose OK.

Decided to run it also on the PC: WARNING for the C drive! (see below)
Is my C drive dying?
Apart from fitting a new drive this is going to be A LOT of work,
installing and updating Windows 7 and A LOT of applications!
I suppose I can't restore a Macrium image on the replacement drive?

[]
Provided the dying drive is still working well enough for you to _make_
a Macrium image, then yes, you can restore from one to a new drive (even
one of a different size). FAR quicker (and less stressful!) than trying
to reinstall the OS, all patches, all software, and reset all of those
to how you like them.

Make sure your image includes any hidden partitions (and restore those).
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

in the kingdom of the bland, the one idea is king. - Rory Bremner (on
politics), RT 2015/1/31-2/6