Old September 13th 16, 09:46 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Shadow[_2_]

Default is my C drive dying?

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 19:02:30 +0200, "Linea Recta"
wrote:

My PC had always been very sluggish compared to my old laptop.
When reading a PC magazine I read an article about Crystal diskinfo.
Decided to download the portable version ans ran it on the laptop: diagnose
OK.

Decided to run it also on the PC: WARNING for the C drive! (see below)
Is my C drive dying?

HDSentinel has a giveaway of the latest version at

http://www.comss.info/page.php?al=Ha...tinel_Standard

Stick it in Google translate if you can't understand what it
says.

It will warn you, usually ages before the actual disaster.
(though I have had drives that just go "clunk".)
I'd buy a bigger HD, clone your present one to that, then
install HDSentinel. Maybe create/ resize your partitions, it's hard to
find anything smaller than 500GB cheap.
If their's any cash left, get an external USB HD to backup
your data to.
And avoid any blurb about the "Cloud".
HTH
[]'s