Old February 2nd 06, 06:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Pixma ink cartridges?

Mikey wrote:
Canon ink is one of the easiest to refill, and also one of the cheapest to
by 3rd party ink for.

I use ProJet Compatibles and they are amazing. The IP2000 ones are only
£0.55 (Inc V.A.T) for a colour ink why refill?
IP4000 / IP5000 are only £0.69p (Inc VAT)

Hope this it of some help.

Mikey

"Eric" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm on the verge of deciding to change my Lexmark Z517 printer for a
Canon, since I'm a student and print quite lots of stuff (and the
Lexmark ink is generally fairly expensive and nearly
un-refillable/third party ink non-existent). So, I saw many dirt-cheap
cartridges for Canon printers, but they fit into BJC models, which
don't seem to exist anymore (and have likely been discontinued for a
while). However, I also saw both a Pixma iP2000 and an iP2200 for a
really good price, however I was wondering if the cartridges were as
easily refillable as the old BJC cartridges, or if third-party ink was
available for such a low price. Judging from the pictures I saw, the
cartridges that fit into the iP2200 (which is, I guess, the model
following the iP2000) didn't seem to be the same at all as those who
fit into the iP2000, which are the standard BCI-24 cartridges. Could
anyone tell me if the ink for both of these printers is easily
refillable, and if they're using reservoirs or sponges a-la-Lexmark?
Thanks a lot!

What Mikey neglected to mention is that the iP2200 would be a chipped
cartridge type which, whilst refillable, wouldn't provide you with ink
level information from the point when you needed to refill it.

There's plenty of information on the net about the new Canon carts if
you check...

So, in a nutshell go with the earlier iP2000 or similar.. rather than
the iPX200 versions.