Old February 2nd 06, 04:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon Pixma ink cartridges?

I'm on the verge of deciding to change my Lexmark Z517 printer for a
Canon, since I'm a student and print quite lots of stuff (and the
Lexmark ink is generally fairly expensive and nearly
un-refillable/third party ink non-existent). So, I saw many dirt-cheap
cartridges for Canon printers, but they fit into BJC models, which
don't seem to exist anymore (and have likely been discontinued for a
while). However, I also saw both a Pixma iP2000 and an iP2200 for a
really good price, however I was wondering if the cartridges were as
easily refillable as the old BJC cartridges, or if third-party ink was
available for such a low price. Judging from the pictures I saw, the
cartridges that fit into the iP2200 (which is, I guess, the model
following the iP2000) didn't seem to be the same at all as those who
fit into the iP2000, which are the standard BCI-24 cartridges. Could
anyone tell me if the ink for both of these printers is easily
refillable, and if they're using reservoirs or sponges a-la-Lexmark?
Thanks a lot!