Old June 4th 19, 05:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default motherboard 5v

On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 01:49:23 +0000, T. Ment
wrote:

The question is, how much?

That's all I want to know.

You cannot until it's more than suspect, than a 4.75V proposition, and
a replacement (or your spare PS and a capacitor is restored), where
for troubleshooting purposes, that is, a PS swap-out solves or changes
a problematic or hypothetical equation.

As I said, I keep the spare power supplies, and they're there for
anything out of the ordinary matters I cannot, otherwise, account for
other than a likelihood of an effectively new power supply.

It has admittedly been awhile since I've proved to myself that logic.
Also, awhile would entail entirely switching my acquisition of MBs
exclusively to Gigabyte. Only that before then I'd several times
encountered issues, with other brands, where a quick-&-jiffy swapover
to a new PS solved them.

Whether that's what you indeed do want to know, I cannot say can be
conclusively stated from more than an empirical point of view.

How long and how much are vagaries to assess assurances, like
brandname reputability, MeanTime Between Failures, electronic design
principles and theoreticians, and a physics to limitations and applied
materials, their methodology and implementation over Quality Control
given its measures and ratings

Figure it this way, there are satellites that have been transmitting
for going on decades taken to cross our solar system. So it can't be
all that bad if your PS is more or less destined to a measure of
Standard Deviation, to statistically fail either tomorrow or with
greater certainty ensuing, whereupon a credible limit of 1/20th a
voltage specification, at 5V, is not, minimally, present.

Or, that satellite may be long gone and out of reception range before
you'll notice anything characteristically different occurs, about your
computer, from overall expectations of familiarity, which subsequently
in turn can be consequent to an alteration produced by a PS
replacement.