Old April 23rd 18, 12:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Loren Pechtel[_2_]

Default Recommend data recovery company?

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 08:15:54 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
wrote:

Zaidy036 wrote:
One last effort?
Place drive in zip lock bag overnight in freezer. Quickly attach to PC and
try to transfer files.

Believe or not I have done that and is sometimes works.

The thing is, playing with it can do damage. If you're thinking of
data recovery you don't try home remedies first.

I've seen someone play with home remedies first--and then have the
pros return the data minus one platter that had been destroyed by
their attempts.