Old November 14th 08, 09:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dean-MN

Default Inspiron 6000 Backlight Replacement

Hi,
I have an Inspiron 6000 that has its 15.4" WXGA+ display going black from
time to time. In doing research on the problem, I find that a backlight can
be purchased for $35 and that's way less than a LCD panel. I have not
determined the exact problem but am wondering if replacing a backlight is
something an intermediate computer tinkerer can do. I have no reservations
about taking apart notebooks and if the backlight is the problem replacing
it would be way cheaper than a $150 to $300 LCD... Dean