Old August 20th 18, 10:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Kaspersky saves the day

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 20:19:01 -0400, John B. Smith
wrote:

His stuff was the orneriest software I ever tried to uninstall from a
computer. Since it says he had a 'harem of young women', now I gotta
see it. (as soon as it becmes free)

But he never rescued me from a nasty trojan.

Last I saw of it, he was likely in his prime: some time ago, requested
of me that I install it for another's computer. To be no less exact:
also 'the orneriest software I even tried to uninstall'. Which I
have.

Harem, yes, but you also see and meet them, half-a-dozen women he
kept, women aged into some years older, pictures from what they looked
like when John bought them, being interviewed for revealing all John's
"exacting" sexual preferences. She, the producer, is unrelenting --
wants his balls mounted, and I can't say I blame her. Bear in mind,
filmed in a squalid little Latin American village -- it plays out like
the worst nightmare in contemporary baseness: John moves in with the
literal intent to buy off any impediments, both representatives of
legal law enforcement and the criminal underworld. He owned both.

I've lived more than a dozen years variously across the globe, so I
know what the texture of dirt poor feels and smells like. I'm not
sure that it may appear surreal or distanced to others without a
direct, and no less at times dangerous sense of 3rd-world contact.
That is The Heart of Darkness, and this film is the tip of an iceberg,
located exactly in the middle of it, called Weirdness.

John sent a message to her when she released Gringo: The Dangerous
Life of John McAfee to Netflix. It read: You are the Anti-Christ.

The film is on the torrent circles, and, with John since redeployed,
with active interests in various American business projects, aside
aspirations for the office of Presidency -- a squalid filmed intensity
wouldn't surprise me if its widely, politely and socially, shunned for
déclassé. Although probably widely available elsewhere, among
streaming-oriented sites, on the WEB, and not only torrents.

I could say Symantec is another, but that's just probably their
nature, antiviruses embedding themselves into an OS like a tick. Or a
quack. Careful and with binary backups, I've only had occasional call
for ClamWin - freeware, standalone, and totally unobtrusive.