Old August 19th 18, 06:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John B. Smith

Default Kaspersky saves the day

Last night, Saturday, I went to shut off my head phones and heard a
voice coming thru: "We're microsoft your computer is ****ed. If you
attempt to turn it off without calling us we'll **** it up worse". I'd
already shut my browser down but I found a 'firefox' still in the
Processes of TaskManager. EndProcess and voice stopped. Tried runing a
few things and stuff seemed ok, went to bed. This AM boot was sludgier
than usual and when came up my sound was screwed. Shut down and went
to breakfast and to scheme. Didn't know when my last backup was, yeah
yeah I don't schedule. When i got back I put a 2 week old Kaspersky's
2018 flash drive in and booted it. It found only 2 objects, one being
a Trojan. I quaranteed them and booted without too much hope. But
everything was working again! Turns out Macrium backup was only 6 days
old after all, but I'd rather do it this way when I can.