Old February 13th 04, 08:48 AM
Darthy

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:14:53 -0500, "ML" wrote:

Subject: The pathetic, Asylum - BFG Technologies, GeForce FX 5200 video
adapter Model #ASLM 52128

I am writing this article to warn prospective video adapter buyers about the
terrible experience I have had with the Asylum, by BFG Technologies, GeForce
FX 5200 video adapter I purchased in 2003, marketed through Wal-Mart stores.

I have taken a solemn vow to never again trust BFG Technolgies.

You're over reacting. BFG did well to send you out a replacement
card. Its a refurb unit most likely and its not uncommon to end up
with another BAD product... it happens, it sucks.

Hey, give LINKSYS a call... their support sucks ass... long HOLD times
and no RMA dept... but they have a "5 yr warranty" - but can't get a
replacement for a 1 month old product.

I have a Samsung 19" monitor, I called in on its warranty (3 years) on
the LAST month. I was never on hold for more than 3-4 mins (avg was
under a minute), no recipt (SER #)... but they had ended up sending me
3 (yes 3) BAD monitors... Replacement #3 was SOOO bad, I exchanged it
for #2 at the UPS Store. They next-day shipped me #4, an upgraded
model too boot. That was a YEAR ago.... using it today.

When I called for the BAD #3, I was on hold for 5 mins, their system
xfered me to another dept. A HUMAN said he wasnt RMA - but took my
info. (4pm) - Next day (11am) Samsung CALLS ME... professional and
not happy about shipping out these monitors (Each monitor costs about
$40 each way - they PAY for it, and thats 3day)

THAT IS SUPPORT!

BFG... doesnt sound bad to me...

BTW: 5200 is a low end card, could be an issue with lots of 5200s...

Or something else is causing it...

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!