Old February 13th 04, 07:57 AM
John Lewis

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:07:59 GMT, steve2112 wrote:

i have had nothing but good dealings with BFG. i was having a bad driver
issue and they help me through it perfectly and quickly. their tech
support rock plus it was 24/7. i bet the problem is something conflicting
with drivers and such and not directly related to the videocard itself.
the nvidia drivers can be ...ahem..."fickle" sometimes

Here is useful RMA tip:-

Put a secret mark on any item that you RMA. ( Serial numbers
are frequently on easy-to-remove stickers. ) That way you can be
CERTAIN that you did not receive the same material back.

That is not to say that BFG did anything wrong with the OPs
RMA. However, this thread prompted me to remember the
above tip.

I suggest that the OP stop fretting and RMA the board again
(with a secret mark).

However................

The OP did not describe the nature of the "video drop".
Presumably the output went blank (or to a text-color other than
white) on the BIOS boot-up screen. If not, I suspect that the
problem has nothing to do with the video hardware.
Also OP, when you got the video drop, did you apply a little
Freezit or a hair-dryer to the board to detect any hardware
cause for the intermittency ?

Maybe the OP would like to be more specific about the
"video drop" ???

John Lewis