Old October 3rd 03, 01:03 AM
JT

On 2 Oct 2003 13:53:37 -0700, (Daniel)
wrote:

I just bought a DELL Latitude Notebook celeron 700MHz Laptop 128MB. My
question are - can I
a)replace the cpu with a celeron 950 or 1000mhz

not easily. Mobile celeron is different, and not easy to replace and not
cheap if you can get it in the proper carrier.
b) add another stick of 256MB centon or generic lapto memory PC100

Just don't go too cheap. Better ram means less likelyhood of errors, and it
might run faster. PC133 is probably just as cheap and more available.
c) What is the cheapest way of adding a NIC

Get one of the numerous 10/100 PCMCIA or Cardbus adapters.
d) Is there a cheap way of upgrading the VGA to more than 8MB

No
e) Are there issues of non compatiability that would crop up if I put
in aa higher than 10GB hard drive?

Probably no issues till you get to 30GB, and then you might need to upgrade
the bios, which will get you up to 128GB. Might want to make sure the Bios
is the latest anyway if you want to run Win2K/XP/Linux on it.

Thanks in advance