Old January 9th 05, 03:08 AM
Arthur Entlich

If you are using inkjet paper in your laser printer, it is NOT appropriate.

Xerox and other company make semi-gloss and glossy laser papers.

However, the Minolta printers have a quite low gloss toner, giving very
matte results. (I happen to really like it that way!) Using semi-gloss
or gloss paper doesn't look great because the exposed areas will be
glossy while the toner covered areas will be relatively matte.

By far, the best answer is to laminate matte surfaced papers or card
stock, using semi-gloss or glossy surface laminates. You will usually
need to laminate both sides, because the laminate adhesive is thermal
and tends to cause a lot of curling otherwise. If you buy laminate in
quantity and use 3 mil or less, it can be almost the same price as the
"photo" paper, and it is well protected.

Art

wrote:

Does anyone have suggestions on printing photos on this 2300DL ?
Sometimes known as Konica-Minolta 2300DL, other times as a QMS 2300DL.
Colors look great on ordinary laser paper but I've tried various brands
of photo-quality paper, both glossy and semi-glossy, and I get crappy
results each time.
Not much help from tech support at Konica-Minolta, which has been
great up to now.
Thanks.