Old July 23rd 04, 04:32 PM
johns

Strange indeed, my 9600XT with an XP2000+ at stock speed got over 12000 in
3dmark2001SE.
Sorry to snip off the rest of the message but that`s all i wanted to

say..

I'm not surprised. My mobo is a Gigabyte-7ZXE with VIA BIOS. It is
notoriously a POS. What mobo are you using? Also, I think(?) that
I might be seeing big hard drive effect. I have 19 gig on my AMD,
and I notice that if I don't keep it defragged, I get drops in frame
rates in Far Cry. I can't think of any other problems. My system
runs fine. I do have McCaffee running, and I don't shut down
any running processes. I think the reason the P4/400 beat the P4/800
is the 400 has a 40 gig drive, and the 800 has a 160 gig drive.
However, the 800 with the 9200 looks better in Far Cry and
runs with higher settings.

johns