Old July 12th 16, 05:46 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default what options for printing saddle "stitched" booklets?

They are called "Booklet Makers" or Folder Staplers and they used to
start (20 years ago) at $4000. That's adjustable from tiny to 11"
wide, from tiny to 17" long, and up to 24 sheets. Try goggling
printers parts if you can't find it directly. Smaller models, if
they exist, for fixed bookletting 8.5 by11 only, with fewer sheets are
probably available as they are used by schools and non-profits.

On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 19:32:42 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded
wrote:

I've been printing small booklets on 8.5" x 11" paper, folded in half
and center stapled. These are five to six sheets of paper (including a
cover in a separate color).

Are there printers smaller than, say, a washing machine that I could get
to do this? Currently I'm using a mid-sized Brother laser printer with
a lot of "by hand" steps. (Print from Mac. Separate every four or five
pages, by hand. Add a cover from a separate pile, by hand. Fold, by
hand. Staple, by hand.)

I know "saddle stitch finishers" are available as an add-on to some of
the more massive machines, but are there smaller ones?

Volume is a few hundred booklets a month, not all the same content.

Elijah
------
expecting the answer to be "no", but checking anyway