Old December 29th 07, 07:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Craig Coope

Default connection to TFT monitor

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:49:56 -0000, "Rob" wrote:

Hi,

I'm using a 9800XT card and have just purchased a Samsung 20" TFT monitor
(SM2032BW). The card has a DVI-I port and the monitor has a DVI-D port. I
know I need to purchase a DVI-D to DVI-D cable but my question is do I go
for single link or dual link?

From searching Google, I believe the dual link cable will allow me to view
very high resolutions. but I'm unsure if either my card or the monitor has
dual link capability. Neither AMD or Samsung websites mention anything about
single or dual link so I'm at a loss. Anyone out there know which cable to
go for?

Cheers

Rob

Did it not come with a DVI cable?

I bought a Samsung 22" 226BW and after my initial no dvi problems it
worked with my 9800XT at the native 1680 x 1050...

I now have a X1950 Pro though...

As far as I know you will only need a single link (as that is what
mine is)

--
The Zero ST