Old December 29th 07, 07:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Rob[_9_]

Default connection to TFT monitor

Hi,

I'm using a 9800XT card and have just purchased a Samsung 20" TFT monitor
(SM2032BW). The card has a DVI-I port and the monitor has a DVI-D port. I
know I need to purchase a DVI-D to DVI-D cable but my question is do I go
for single link or dual link?

From searching Google, I believe the dual link cable will allow me to view
very high resolutions. but I'm unsure if either my card or the monitor has
dual link capability. Neither AMD or Samsung websites mention anything about
single or dual link so I'm at a loss. Anyone out there know which cable to
go for?

Cheers

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Dell Dimension 8300 Desktop
P4 3.0GHz
1GB RAM
Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit