Old April 8th 07, 03:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Adman

Default Presario 7594 memory upgrade problems

I wish I knew the answer to your question. I have a 5009 with kind of the
same problem. I have three 128 sticks in now and can't add a 256 either.
Same low density DIMM. Won't get to the bios either. I hope someone has an
answer for you because it would probably help me as well.

"HH" wrote in message
Agree. A 256MB low density DIMM should have 8 chips on each side of the
DIMM/ At least that's the most common configuration.
Here is a link to Crucial memory guaranteed to be compatible:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...=Presario+7594

HH

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
The 256MB stick is very likely high density.

An SDRAM with 9 chips has ECC, which is not compatible with this system.

... Ben Myers

On 6 Apr 2007 11:29:14 -0700, wrote:

Thanks guys,
Dana- Hide quoted text -

What is concidered low density? Well, this chip is single sided. I
also tried a double sided chip that has 9 chips, and that was a 128MB
chip.- Hide quoted text -

Ok, looking at the 256MB stick of SDRAM, all 8 of the chips are on one
side. The 64MB chip is the same with 8 on one side as well.