Old April 6th 07, 06:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
HH

Default Presario 7594 memory upgrade problems

Compaq specifies low density PC100 memory for the 7594. How many chips are
on the DIMM? Low density PC133 might work, but it has to be low density.

HH

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok, I installed the PIII 933, and that works as well as can be
expected, however I have a problem with the ram upgrade.
I have a 256MB SDRAM, 32x64 PC133 168 Pin chip, and it doesn't work.
What is up with that? I don't even make it to the bios during boot
with this chip in. If I stick in the crummy 64MB chip in with it, it
boots, but reconizes only 64MB.

Thanks guys,
Dana