Old June 26th 03, 08:33 PM
George Macdonald

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 13:57:23 GMT, chrisv wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:12:23 -0400, Keith R. Williams
wrote:

In article ,
says...

We agree, MS can afford to pay for games to be written for Xbox first
(or only).

Game producers cannot afford to be sucked into the M$ quicksand.
Not only are they an independent lot, but they've seen what has
happened to their brothers who developed only for the borg.

I really don't think Sony nor Nintendo are worried about M$ only
games. In fact I'd say that M$ is the failure in this arena.

Micro$oft will just buy the game companies, then. They have already
done this, and it will continue, until they have reached their goals.

They can buy the companies but they cannot guarantee to keep the talent...
which AFAIK has a very high burn-out rate anyway. IMO the field just moves
too fast for M$ and their sloth.

Rgds, George Macdonald