Old January 17th 05, 07:55 AM

Default Translate BIOS drive address (80h) to IO port address (1f0/a0)

I have a very basic question. Please, can gurus help me?

To address an IDE HDD using BIOS, we use drive address in DL
such as 80h, 81h and so on. --- BIOS address

On the other hand, to address the same drive using IO port,
we use address of IO port (such as 1f0h, 170h) and master/
slave slection (0a0h, 0b0h). --- ATA address

And everybody knows that 80h is not always 1f0h/a0h. They can
be asigned to different ports.

Now, where can I find the translation, or cross reference, table
between BIOS address and ATA address?

I have 80h here. I want to know the port address and master/
slave information.
I know that EnhancedBIOS INT13 AH48 returns DDE at 1ah if version 2,
but how about in the case of using older BIOSes?
Thanks in advance.
Tak