Old March 19th 14, 02:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
[email protected]

Default any good wireless cameras with dhcp for ad-hoc connections?

Hello I have an old trendnet tv-ip121w that I set up as ad-hoc. I left the encryption open and set up the channel to be on 6 and gave the camera a static ip. After I rebooted the camera and unplugged the ethernet cable I was able to connect to the camera using my phone (android) using MANET manager.. I used Manet because it allows me to set the ip of the ad-hoc connection. Are there any cameras that use dhcpd in ad-hoc mode? is there an easier way to set this up without a wireless router? if I set up a ad-hoc connection on my phone or pc without an static ip I am not able to connect to the camera.