Old July 31st 10, 01:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Joe[_23_]

Default need to replace battery- do I need to write down everything in sys. setup?

Well, I replaced the battery with no problem. The system booted up normally
into Windows but the time and date needed to be reset. The system was 8
years old so I supposed it was time for the battery to go.

BTW, I get better responses from this newsgroup- than from Dell's web based
support forum where I usually get no responses.

thanks,
Joe

"Joe" wrote in message
Gee, my 8 year old Dell is finally losing its battery. I now get a warning
when booting up- (forgot to write it down exactly) warning about battery
failure. So, I bought a new battery- but I just noticed that the manual
says I need to write down everything in Setup. Is that really necessary?
One friend suggested that if I make a restore point before the
replacement- it should contain that info, but I'm not so sure of that.

So, should I bother to write down everything in Setup? I should think that
a PC should be able to do this itself!

Joe