Old November 17th 15, 11:33 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Default Got a warning about my SSD from HD Sentinel

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
Yesterday, I got a big warning email from HD Sentinel stating that my
desktop's SSD is about to suffer imminent failure, it said that the Raw
Read Error Rate had crossed a certain threshold. HDS also rated the drive
health at 0%! But when I went in and logged into the machine itself, and
looked in the HDS interface itself, it showed no such errors, and showed
the drive reliability at 99%!

I've asked the developer of HDS for his opinion, he says that he thinks I
should replace the drive anyway, as it's likely indicating an ongoing
problem that's likely to recur. I'm not so sure about that. What's your
opinion?

That we need to see the actual SMART report, not just
some number that steaming turd plucks out of the air.