Old November 17th 15, 08:52 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Ant

Default Got a warning about my SSD from HD Sentinel

Can you post smartctrl's details?

Yousuf Khan wrote:
Yesterday, I got a big warning email from HD Sentinel stating that my
desktop's SSD is about to suffer imminent failure, it said that the Raw
Read Error Rate had crossed a certain threshold. HDS also rated the
drive health at 0%! But when I went in and logged into the machine
itself, and looked in the HDS interface itself, it showed no such
errors, and showed the drive reliability at 99%!

I've asked the developer of HDS for his opinion, he says that he thinks
I should replace the drive anyway, as it's likely indicating an ongoing
problem that's likely to recur. I'm not so sure about that. What's your
opinion?

--
Quote of the Week: "Yo mama's glasses are so thick, she can burn ants with them." --unknown
| |o o| |