Old October 15th 06, 08:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

Default Printer Advise

"nice1" wrote in message
Hello all,

Can some one please tell me if compatible inks can be used on the newer
canon printers, or have they put chips on them? i have a pixma ip4000
and i can use compatibles in that, but my sister is after a new printer
and has asked for my advise, but i am unsure about the newer canon models.

Thanx in advance

please read my response to tneg50. There are compatable refill inks but no
prefilled compatable carts, due to the chips on the newest Canon carts. The
new carts can be refilled several times and rejuvinated when they stop
functioning properly.