Old October 15th 06, 08:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default Printer Advise

Wolfgang Schmittenhammer wrote:

Forgot, no, they (Canon Pixma 4000, 6000d) DO NOT have a chip,
they use a light and a prism to sense ink level, when you refill,
there is no message..
FYI, I own a Nikon D70 and get many compliments where I work on
the pictures I print out.

You have a great Camera that is expensive and yet you use clogging high
risk fading poor quality results. Why you should get a cheapo camera is
you are going to use cheapo ink.

One lady asked me to do her wedding and a guy had me do some
homecoming pics, both people were VERY pleased.
Also, just ordered a continuous ink system.. I can let you know how
that works out...Dave M.

Wolfgang Schmittenhammer wrote:

nice1 wrote:

Hello all,

Can some one please tell me if compatible inks can be used on the newer
canon printers, or have they put chips on them? i have a pixma ip4000
and i can use compatibles in that, but my sister is after a new printer
and has asked for my advise, but i am unsure about the newer canon
models.

Thanx in advance

Have a pixma 6000d and refill all the time, if you are not a klutz,
and pay attention to details, not a problem.. Last set of ink was
about $40 for 6 bottles, 4oz. each.. Cost about 50 cents per refill..
I would recommend buying an extra set of cartidges, so you can refill
at your leisure.. Also, what many people don't know or think about,
you do not want to leave your printer setting open while you refill..
Heads will dry out and clog, with an extra set, you can just 'pop'
the new cartridge in.. The great thing about the Canons (4000, or
6000) is they have a prism in the bottom of the cartridge (would
recommend Canon cartridges, don't know if third party cartridges have
the prism) and informs you when it is ACTUALLY GETTING LOW. Not an
extimated thing..