Old November 2nd 03, 03:16 PM
philo

"Bill" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

I'm planning on a new AMD system on a tight budget. I'm not a gamer
only play Quake 2 and SimCity every now and then, do some development
with Visual Studio .Net, watch TV on the PC and plan on recording lot
of my favorite TV programs. And maybe overclock the CPU somewhat,
since the K7VM4 have greate overclocking features on it.

By the way if anyone have experience overclocking their AMD CPU on the
K7VM4 motherboard, what's the maximum overclocking for your setup and
still remain stable?

Appricate any comment or other recommendations in similar price range.
All prices in Canadian.

-AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton ($83)

why do you think you need to overclock this cpu?
it's probably faster than you really need anyway

although i'm sure you could overclock as long as you do not overheat it...
i don;t think it would be worth the risk