Old May 29th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.printers

Default Need printer advise

I have narrowed my printer choices down to 2.
1.Epson R220
2. Epson 1280

The R220 uses dye ink. Is this a "permanent" ink? By that I mean is it
water resistant, or will it smear if it gets wet? I will be printing photos
and CD/DVD's for self I would like to know the ink won't run if it gets
wet (within reason) My HP used to run if you sneezed near it.

The 1280 on the other hand uses pigment ink. Is there a print head clogging
problem with this ink?

Are there any printable CD's or DVD's that I should avoid? Any better than
most?

TIA for your opinion

--
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Bob
in Carmel, CA