Old March 6th 06, 11:46 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Color printer advise requested: laserjet vs. inkjet

Most inkjet printers surpass photographic quality as we have come to
know it. Some are better than others depending somewhat on the subject
matter he prints, what type of paper surface he prefers, and how
important the permanence of the print is.

Although some color laser printers do well, in general, inkjet printers
produce better color work.

Art

Rob de Jonge wrote:

Hi ...

Posting this question for a friend:

He's a professional designer and he needs photographic perfection for
his prints, but doesnt make a whole lot of prints. I was once told that
in order to achieve the same kind of photo quality one can get on an
inkjet these days, a very expensive ($1000) laserjet is required.

Any comments on this?

thanks,
Rob