Old April 13th 19, 08:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Shadow[_2_]

Default How to unlock Bios? And a protocol for getting the BIOS screen in a Dell Latitude

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 22:20:43 -0700 (PDT), RayLopez99
wrote:

I bought an ex-corporate Dell Latitude from 7 years ago and so far so good, but it has a locked BIOS. I wonder if it's worth unlocking? I don't think so, since I checked the settings and found nothing remiss, for example it is set to "AHCI" for the Sata drives, and Turbo for the chip, the memory is maxed out with memory in both slots, the timings seem normal, and everything seems OK, exactly how I would set it up.

I had to unlock the BIOS on my Dell Latitude. I remember there
was a webpage that had a little DOS program that you could download.
You entered the service tag and got the unlock code.

Can't find the page

This probably works:

https://biospassword.eu/dell-free-passwords
[]'s

PS WTF ? Win 10 ? Have you gone crazy Ray ?

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012