Old October 27th 05, 03:38 AM
Smart Feet

Default ~ONE ticked off mofo!!!!

wrote:
Greetings everyone,
I just bought an MSI Nvidia NX6600/256 video card to replace my ATI Radeon
9800 pro 128. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!
I read all the reviews on neweggs site about it, and, it had nothing but
rave reviews OVER the 6600GT which had mostly bad reviews.
Is there something I'm missing here? All the reviews said they had an "out
of the box" improvement over their prior cards, however, my benchmarks in
aquamark3d and 3dmark dropped by like ohhhhhhh 3,000 points yes, that's not
a typo thats threee thousand points. I even tried using the coolbits, and
the overclocking tab in the Nvidia settings windows to no avail......
Is this just a POS compared to the 9800 pro? Am I missing something or doing
something wrong? I have always been an NVidia kinda guy, but jumped ship
with the 9800 pro because it was "the best" back when..... and, I assumed
that the 6600 would at least be a step up from it, especially with 256mb of
memory.
After 5 hours of having the card I'm ready to bite the $27 restocking fee
and return it, and get something different.
Any ideas?

{SFU} Jackyl

MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR
Athlon XP2500
ATI Radeon 9800 pro ------ replaced by MSI NX6600/256 stupid me
1gb Geil DDR 3200 DC

To replace a 9800 Pro you should have gotten a BFG 6800 GT OC.

Oh, and asked here first... g