Old February 29th 04, 11:33 PM
Quaoar

Alan Kerr wrote:
Yes I inserted the driver, I'm running XP Home Edition.

Alan

Quaoar wrote:

Alan Kerr wrote:

I'm trying to install an ethernet card in my 12XL212 but it will not
recognise it? This is the second card it won't recognise, it
wouldn't recognise one for my Minolta scanner. I don't have any
other cards to try. Is this a common problem and is there a fix?

Alan

Did you install the driver(s) for the card(s)? This is a serious
question. Normally, the driver for a PC Card must be installed
before the card is inserted the first time. There are exceptions
with WinXP. What OS is installed?

You could try removing the card controller in device manager and let it
be redetected on reboot or use the Update Driver function in device
manager. All of the card drivers would have to be reinstalled. I've
not seen a PC-Card slot go dead, but stranger things happen and two
unrecognized cards is suspicious. Have you looked at Compaq support for
any driver updates or fixes for a dead slot? The controller is enabled
in device manager?