Old January 19th 16, 08:58 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
micky

Default Printing USB to Parallel

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 17:15:07 -0600, (Ant) wrote:

I also recently bought a USB to Parallel(CN36 Male / IEEE1284)
Converter Cable - 6ft
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

I know that having the right cable doesn't mean something will work.
I once tried plugging the toaster into the kitchen faucet and that
didn't work at all.

Any chance I can under XP or Vista or 7 print to my parallel port
printer with this cable?

Try it? Be sure it is returnable if it fails. My king ant did this
for his HP LaserJet 6P and MacBook Pros, with open source printer
drivers, it SORT OF works. Once in a while, it doesn't work but it's
easy to fix (disconnect and reconnect). I was more amazed that it even
worked! :O

I'd already bought it, and as I point out in Travails for Another
Printer, the USB to parallel adapter worked, and worked well, once the
software was installed.