Old January 16th 16, 09:20 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
micky

Default Printing USB to Parallel

[Default] On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 09:42:57 -0500, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Wolf K

On 2016-01-14 08:40, Micky wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 20:26:48 +0700, JJ wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 11:34:32 +0000, Roger Mills wrote:
Any lack of "blackness"
is likely to be an issue with the printer itself, and nothing to do with
the cable.

Expired toner? Is that possible?

Not what the owners manual said. I forget what it said but it was an
expensive fix. It's not that light, and it's even, so I can still
use it.

It's the imaging drum (it's actually a cylinder). Laser printers create

I think that's what the manual said.

patterns of static charge on the drum. The toner sticks to the charged
areas, then is transferred to the paper and baked on. Eventually, the
drum can't hold the charge as well. I bought a new drum for my Brother
DCP-7040 recently. Cheaper than a new printer.

I thought a) it wasn't worth it and b) I woudln't be able to get it.

But it's 90 dollars, from Samsung itself, it says,
called a "Toner Cartridge/Drum"
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Cartri.../dp/B007CNR7VS
I don't get it. The toner alone is $65
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-ML-450.../dp/B00005N9CS

The picture shown looks the same as the Toner Cartridge/Drum.. but
it's not, right?

Then I found a "Genuine Samsung Toner Drum" for only $29. Despite the
word toner, in the name, but nowhere else, there's no toner, is there?
Or it's awfully cheap. Because it's ebay??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ML-4500D3-Ge...AOSwZjJVAEb g

And here for $40 including shipping, in a box that's been opened and
is a little beat up.
It says "The box is opened but the toner is sealed.
Yields 3,000 pages. All sales final."
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Sams...AOSwT5tWLRg J

So can I really get toner and a drum for $40?? I'm so confused.

The printer is old but it's compact and simple.

Have a good day,